DC's 'Dark Nights: Death Metal' soundtrack features Mastodon, Chino Moreno of Deftones, HEALTH, Denzel Curry, Carach Angren, Show Me The Body and more
DC Comics and teamed with Loma Vista Recordings to announce the June 18th arrival of the highly-anticipated soundtrack to the 'Dark Nights: Death Metal' limited crosser series comic book project.
The saga of Batman and The Batman Who Laughs serves as the sequel to the wildly successful 2017 series, 'Dark Nights: Metal' which first introduced the villainous offset of the heroic icon. Concluding the storyline set in motion in 2017, the 'Death Metal' iteration of the 'Dark Night' series manages to bridge the narratives of each of the DC characters and even manages to corral the offshoot plot lines to merge into one epic showdown. This includes the Justice League, as well as the villains, Perpetua, The Batman Who Laughs, Robin King, and Superboy-Prime.
An integral component of the project has always been the music. For the first installment of the series, tracks from Jerry Cantrell, Chino Moreno (Deftones), Brann Dailor (Mastodon), Maria Brink, Alexis Krauss and Jason Aalon Butler (Fever 333) were featured on the accompanying soundtrack for the Dark Nights: Metal iteration. For the sequel, DC and Loma Vista upped the ante with a full album of goods including names like, Mastodon, Denzel Curry, HEALTH, Chelsea Wolfe, IDLES, and Show Me The Body and more.
The project was executive produced by Tyler Bates whose credits include projects like, Guardians of the Galaxy, Watchmen, and John Wick. The composer shared his excitement about the project. “This soundtrack and motion-comic series was made by fans of comics, for fans of comics and music. ‘Dark Nights: Death Metal‘ is next-level storytelling by two incredibly talented artists in Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo. The visual aspect of this comic is entirely compelling, and resonates throughout each song on the soundtrack.”
Coupled with the announcement of the full soundtrack listing, Mastodon has shared their contribution with their album-opening banger “Forged By Neron”. The band offered their take on being a part of such an important effort in bridging heavy music and comic culture. Brann Dailor said, “We are super excited and honored to be part of the Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack! We’ve all been fans of DC Comics and the Batman universe since we were kids, so it really means a lot for us to be able to add something to that world.”
The soundtrack will be available via digital download, CD, and 2xLP via Loma Vista Recordings on June 18th. There will also be exclusive Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman vinyl variant covers, 11 limited edition character trading cards, and more collectibles to make this a must secure release.
Pre-order the 'Dark Nights: Death Metal' Soundtrack - HERE
‘Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack‘ tracklisting
1. – Mastodon – “Forged By Neron”
2. – Chelsea Wolfe – “Diana”
3. – HEALTH / Tyler Bates – “ANTI-LIFE” (feat. Chino Moreno of Deftones)
4. – Maria Brink of In This Moment / Tyler Bates – “Meet Me In Fire” (feat. Andy Biersack of Black Veil Brides)
5. – Grey Daze – “Anything, Anything”
6. – Rise Against – “Broken Dreams, Inc.”
7. – Manchester Orchestra – “Never Ending”
8. – Denzel Curry / PlayThatBoiZay – “Bad Luck”
9. – Carach Angren – “Skull With A Forked Tongue”
10. – Starcrawler – “Good Time Girl”
11. – GUNSHIP / Tyler Bates – “Berserker” (feat. Dave Lombardo of Suicidal Tendencies, etc.)
12. – Greg Puciato / Tyler Bates / Gil Sharone – “Now You’ve Really Done It”
13. – Show Me The Body – “Stone Cold Earth”
14. – IDLES – “Sodium”
15. – Soccer Mommy – “Kissing In The Rain”